November 13, 2006

LOVE!



Mohabbat mein naheen hai farq jeene aur marne kaa,
Usee ko dekh kar jeete hain jis kaafir pe dam nikle.

That's what Mirza Galib has to say about Love.

What I have in store to say will be written soon.
Once one of my friend, who recently found his so called GF, said to me that why do people say they fall in love. I have risen in love. Exactly! I said. The way you have managed to manipulate to find your girlfriend whom you say is your love is the one you have risen for, not fallen into. Love can't be held, bought, manipulated, traded, forgotten, or stolen. Love is pure, honest, true, fulfilling, and most of all valuable. All these adjectives may seem old and usual, but true they are.

There are many different meanings for the word love and many people interpret it differently. In my life I have felt love in many aspects of my life. I love my family, my friends, my country, my life, and myself. These are all the things I hold dear to me in all the choices and plans I make. Trying to bring pleasure to someone, because of the pleasure you feel to see that person's pleasure
To be in love means to care about that person so deeply that your life would not be complete without them. This seems similar to very common dialogues from hindi movies - Mai tere liye jaan bhi de sakta hu. But it is not as common as it appears in Hindi films. Today I see many people around me saying they love such and such girl. And a more than ever complicated term mostly used is - girlfriend. Can anybody in this world define that word for me? I tried asking it one of my friend. But he coulnt't answer my reasonably and was himself confused.

4 comments:

astrologymemphis.blogspot.com said...

Namaste, Saurabh,

You sound like a very wise person for your age. Here is something that might help you: There are only two desires in the world. One is the desire to unite with the Source of Creation; everything else is to separate from it.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you will again. I'm going to be writing on this subject more in the next few days.

Many blessings on your path.

Sauc said...

Glad to hear from u on my blogs and more on "Namaste" thing. Seems u know some hindi terms.
The concept of "uniting to Creation" has been there from long time. The Supreme- is called Parmatma(Param=ultimate, atma=soul) and we the souls search for one final destination i.e. unision of Atma to Paraatma.
Hope u get this and want to here more of it.

astrologymemphis.blogspot.com said...

I always want to hear more of it. Write away!

shreya said...

hey hii agn

was chking this blog of urs so thought if i could pen down something on this :)

well i agree with wat u said y fall in love ? sure its so pristine u shd alwz rise in love :)

i guess most ppl feel its seperate to love their so called GF and love for other relations are diff ...i feel we can sure take into account love for all relations are equal lk rather thr forms or expectations are diff :)

anywz ws also nice to hear aatma parmatma theory :) i believe most ancient scriptures say loving God is highest form of love for that its essential to "aatma " of human beings rather than their forms ...anywz this wud hold long discussion cutting my loonggg comment short ..
i liked reading this article :)
adios